How to Develop Application on Cloud?
The massive adoption of Cloud Computing across businesses has proven us how beneficial this technology for industry is. By reducing capital investment in infrastructure and maintenance and ensure the availability of resources, the cloud is often the solution for business needs. Thus, it’s no longer strange to see enterprises more inclined towards cloud-based technology and rapidly hosting their system on cloud. Especially, when it comes to business application development.
However, developing business application on cloud is not as simple as you think. Instead, it has technical complexity and is challenging. The several challenges that need to be addressed by business, are:
- Scalability: As you see the scalability of the product you deployed depends on the quality of the server. If you want the development on cloud to go smooth, then you will need excellent scalability opportunities to enable more users to manage it regularly. Thus, business will enjoy the higher profit of it.
- Security: As it is stated before, developing application on cloud is not as simple as you think. Business also requires to watch their cloud security from the provider to avoid data breaches. To guarantee your companies utmost data privacy, business should use data encryption, ensure the cloud has SSL, and determine the provider with the trusted data regulation and compliance.
If business succeeds in obtaining those obstacles, then the development on cloud might go well for business. Therefore, this article provides three requirements that business need to prepare to obtain the challenge of developing application on cloud. Read them below here:
1. Development requirements
Before developing the application on cloud, you need to determine how its environment will work on cloud. If the dynamic scalability was the main reason for looking to the cloud, then its application should be engineered to take advantage of a parallel architecture.
Meanwhile, if it is designed with multi-threaded code that allows processing to be split into small chunks, it’s well suited for use within the cloud. On the other side, if an application is designed around single monolithic thread processing, it will be difficult to take advantage of the cloud’s distributed nature.
2. Application License
(Source: luis gomes from Pexels)
Most applications are made up of many different components that have some type of licensing agreement associated with them. If you want to develop it on cloud, you need to review each of those agreements to determine how that license will be affected by cloud deployment.
On the other hand, if your application uses a component that is licensed by CPU and you want to deploy it on cloud designed to launch new instances with more resources, you could easily exceed your CPU license limit. Therefore you need to review how your licenses affect the ability to scale by cloud.
3. Data Security
(Source: anyaberkut from Getty Images Pro)
As stated before, developing application on cloud also requires security to avoid any threats or data breaches. Therefore, these critical security components are important to prepare:
- In developing application on cloud, its data must be protected. Therefore, the application must provide a mechanism to protect the data stored in cloud. Encrypting data can be the solution for this, so it will prevent data breaches.
- According to TechTarget.com, server-to-server communications are typically forgotten because they only happen within the data center. You will require to ensure the security of each server or cloud instances communication, in addition to the client to server communications.
- Whether you only need cloud for application development, data protection is needed either at application or the transmission level. Therefore, business need to determine if the SSL has included with the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocols.
Any application can be deployed on cloud. However, those elements above are also needed to succeed the development. Especially, for Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Therefore, to help you maximize the simple and secure development of application on cloud like HRIS cloud, you can join us on “Zettagrid e-TechDay: Simplify and Secure Your HR Management with HRIS Cloud”, on Tuesday, 31 August 2021.
If you have further question related to cloud solution, you can contact us here or at email@example.com.